From 1880-1882 Rev. Father Woolahan was assigned to St Joseph Catholic Church.
In 1900 Rose Lummus, lay associate of the Daughters of the Sacred Heart, is sent to St. Joseph to establish a parochial school by Msgr. Andrew R. Gwynn.
In 1910 the church is enlarged and renovated under the direction of Msgr. Andrew R. Gwynn.
In 1919 Rev. Thomas J. Mackin is appointed the first resident pastor, with missions covering seven counties of upper South Carolina and Hartwell, Georgia.
In 1955 Rev. Edward J. Murphy is ordained to the priesthood at St. Joseph—the first ordination to take place in Anderson.
In 1958 the first native of Anderson Rev. Francis A. Friend was ordained a priest and receives Holy Orders in Rome.
In 1967 St. Joseph Catholic School opens, staffed by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. Rev. Thomas D. Timlin is appointed tenth pastor.
On March 5, 2011, Bishop Robert E. Guglielmone officially transferred the parish to the pastoral care of the Franciscan Friars of Holy Name Province. Fr. Paul M. Williams, OFM was appointed the seventeenth pastor of the parish and Brother Henry Fulmer, OFM was assigned by the friars to assist as deacon and pastoral associate. Fr. Paul serves the Diocese of Charleston as a member of the College of Consultors, on the Priest Personnel Board, on the Diocesan Ecumenical Commission, and he is the Vicar for Black Catholics.