What is Scrip?
- Scrip is a fundraising program for non-profit organizations.
- When consumers purchase scrip, they receive gift certificates or cards that can be used like cash to purchase products or services from merchants who have issued them.
- Scrip can be used to purchase anything from groceries, fuel, clothing, toys, and cosmetics to entertainment, electronics, home improvement, or household services.
- Offering freedom of choice and versatility, scrip is also a great gift idea for anyone and any occasion.
- Nevertheless, What makes scrip a valuable and effective fundraising tool is that we use it to buy our favorite products and services, which generates all or a portion of much needed funds.
How Does it Work?
- Large quantities of scrip are negotiated and bought at a discount from merchants nationwide.
- The scrip purchased through the SJCCS scrip program is used to pay for services and products that you would buy for your daily needs anyways.
- SJCCS keeps the difference between the discounted price and face value of the scrip, which help us raise the much needed funds to support running our school.
What Do I Have to Do?
- On behalf of nonprofit organizations like SJCCS, Scrip has purchased large quantities of discounted gift cards and gift certificates from some of the most popular merchants nationwide.
- Simply purchase the gift cards and/or gift certificates of places you would be spending money at ANYWAY.